The Plattsburgh-North Country Region of New York has long been a destination for those seeking the good life. With Montreal in our front yard, the Adirondack Mountains in our backyard and Vermont just across beautiful Lake Champlain, our region enjoys one of the finest qualities of life to be found anywhere.
- The Plattsburgh North Country Region is leading the entire State of New York in the growth of manufacturing.
- Plattsburgh has become "Montreal's U.S. Suburb", serving as one of the top gateways between Canada and the U.S. We are the growing hub of a great economic region and trade corridor connecting Montreal-Albany-New York City.
- The economic impact of cross-border commerce in our area is exploding, and now exceeds $1.5 billion annually.
- Our industrial parks are filling rapidly, and redevelopment of the former Plattsburgh Air Force Base (PARC) is attracting global attention for its success. PARC already has 50 plus tenants employing over 1,200 people and including such names as Westinghouse, Bombardier, and Pratt & Whitney.
- Our area has become the rail equipment manufacturing center of North America, including Bombardier Transportation and some 20 other transit component manufacturers, with high technology employers in sectors as varied as composites, pharmaceuticals, plastics, paper, and much more.
- This growth in manufacturing and explosion in trade is opening more and more doors in all kinds of other fields as well, from technical support services and professions to education and transport.
- The Adirondacks is also one of America's hot spots for entrepreneurship and telecommuting - doing business globally from a home in Paradise.
WE'RE EASY TO GET TO AND FROM!
Whether you want skylines or shorelines, peaks or valleys,cities or solitude, the Plattsburgh-North Country region has it all!
We are just one hour from Montreal - one of the great cities and cultural centers of the world. And at the same time, we are home to the six-million acre Adirondack Park and the Olympic Village of Lake Placid.
And we're easy to get to and from, which is why business is booming! We are served by interstate highways, by three airports, by Amtrak and can even be reached by boat.
Visit the North Country Chamber of Commerce for more information on our location, quality of life and economy.